Thursday, July 05, 2007

Books from the demo

Hello all again. I have a list of the books I shared at my demo time, but was remiss in writing them down for all of you. So here they are:

The Landry News by Andrew Clements
The School Story by Andrew Clements
Both of these books are great for those middle grade readers (4-6)
And they happen to be about kids who write!

Family Literacy: Easy Ways for Families to Read and Write Together by Marcia Ardis
This is a resource that is best suited for those lower elementary grades (K-3)

Family Literacy Experiences: Creating reading and writing opportunities that support classroom learning by Jennifer Rowsell
I was very excited about this text since it encompasses many different types of literacy activities and even validates the use of comic books as a valuable resource in the classroom!! Yahooo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kim. My own children have enjoyed some of the other Clements books. I'll add these to the collection.

And if you have time, let me know what happens with your teacher writing group. I'm glad you're going to keep writing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.