Sunday, October 15, 2006

Kooser in Golden

Heather C. and I spent a lovely Saturday with former Poet Laureate Ted Kooser at the CLAS fall writing retreat in Golden. No line dancing, but lots of good writing, reading and words of wisdom from the Nebraska poet, not to mention some socializing with folks from the Denver Writing Project, the Rocky Mountain Writing Project and the Colorado Writing Project.

Got me thinking again about trying to have a combined WP event (cocktail party?) at the CLAS conference in March. Whaddya think, Bud?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea. Contact me offline and I'll give you the names of the folks that I think can help you to make that happen.

camdaram said...

I love the idea of all of us getting together over some drinks, reading what we're written and just enjoying each other's company.
Party on, Megan,
Cam