Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Wow

As the second day of the CSUWP SI 2006 comes to a close I have the strange feeling that we have been in this "institute" together for weeks now. Wow. What an intelligent group of professionals who genuinely care about teaching - and progressing as learners themselves. As a participant in an intriguing discussion about social equity and how that is played out in school distircts - specifically via boundaries - I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes.

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." -FDR

CSUWP fellows, you are the seeds of change. You are the leaders who will rise to the top and make the changes we desire possible. And, you'll write about it I'm sure. I am convinced Jackie should write a "Dennis the Matress Guy's Guide to Pregnancy." What better way to get through difficult, tough, and challenging times than with a laugh? And Nancy and Cam clearly have a gift for characterization and using sensory images in their writing. What can I say? I predict four powerful weeks of learning together. Thank you for sharing your writing, your experineces, and laughing along the way. It will be a spicy summer.

No comments: